Tuesday 18 December 2012

A Stitched Snow Globe

Remember the in-progress cross stitch project I blogged about a couple of weeks ago?

Well, I finished it!


As you can see, it's a little silver snow globe - with a couple of mountains, a little cottage, some fir trees and (of course) some snow.


This is the first cross stitch picture I've designed - before this I'd only made a sampler or two, and some mini sampler brooches. I'm quite pleased with the finished result and, apart from the fiddly silver sections and all that unpicking I had to do when I changed my mind about some of the colours I was using (sigh), this was a super relaxing project to work on in the evenings this winter.

I think there is definitely going to be more cross stitch in my future!


I'm hoping to get the pattern written up neatly so I can share it with you guys sometime soon... if anyone is interested?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Well done. Sue x

homemade@myplace said...

Fabulous!!! great work!!
xxx Ale

Sonja said...

It looks great. I think I will try it also. I have a little miniature x-mas shop...
here you can see some photos:

http://minisonja.blogspot.de/search/label/X-MAS%20SHOP

A big hug from Germany
Sonja

Anonymous said...

Lovely!!

Papercraft Post said...

Snowglobes are lovely! Congrats on a very accomplished first X-stitch project!

Susan X

Lily said...

I am very interested =) Love snowglobes. thanks!

Lisa said...

Looks fab! x

Kay said...

Really cute. I love cross stitch and have been doing it for years. What are you going to do with your little piece?

mjknitter59 said...

Hi. I am very interested in your snowglobe. I wonder if I could adapt it to knitting?

Wendy Ward said...

such a lovely idea would love to see the graph whenever you can- great blog too I like keeping up with what you are up to Wendy

Anonymous said...

Thats a very cool wee snow globe :-)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for all the kind comments, folks xx I'm not sure when I'm going to have the chart ready, but I'll be sure to blog about it when I do :)

Kay - I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for yet!