Friday 15 October 2010

Postal Love

I am completely in love with the new(ish) labels the Post Office are using for parcels - they're like giant first class stamps!


(See how big they are next to those ordinary 2nd class stamps?)

I know that printing postage is much, much more efficient than sticking on lots of stamps for parcels and overseas mail... but the old white postage labels the P.O. used to use made my parcels look so boring. The oversized "stamps" are just so quirky and full of character in comparison.

I've heard they might be discontinued due to printing problems, but fingers crossed they'll be around for a while yet as they make me smile whenever I see them.

9 comments:

Rebekah said...

Neat! So much nicer than those big white labels.

Princess Crafts said...

I agree that they are more interesting than the white lables, much more like 'real post'!

cottonreel said...

Really nice ,not boring at all--cottonreel

En støvel og en sko said...

Cool, I love these.

Cate said...

Love them - we don't get anything that nice on our post here in aus. Just the other day saw your vintage stamps tutorial on your 'gift wrap ideas' page and have been scouring op shops for stamps ever since :-)

Helen Smith said...

I love them too - they make parcels going abroad look terribly grand! They seem to have mastered the printing at my local PO so fingers crossed they are here to stay ;-)

Watkins35 said...

I've been loving these too since I first received one, sooo cool. Hope they continue. x

Carrie said...

Oh I love these too but one post office round here has them! I usually go to to next village along and there I get those crappy white labels but across the other side of town you can get the big Queen's head - super cool!

Kitty Ballistic said...

I love these too! How disappointing that you can't buy them over the counter in giant stamp books though. :D