Wednesday 20 August 2008

Nine Hours to Go...

... and then I'll have all my squares finished, yay! I knitted three squares in about 3 hours last night (each square is about 11cm or 4.5 inches) and only have nine more pink squares to go until I can start putting the blanket together. This is absolutely the best thing about putting a project under the bed and forgetting about it - you forget about all those months of hard work and feel like you're finishing something huge in no time at all! Hehe.

Here are all the colours I'm using:
Yummy stuff (though a bit wonky looking, oops).

In other knitting news - perfectly timed for all this autumnal weather and my renewed enthusiasm for knitting - Innocent have just launched this year's Big Knit. I (very shamefully) didn't finish and send in my hats last year as I got ill and then busy (or was it the other way round?) & missed the deadline (much earlier than the year before when I knitted all these) so I am doubly determined to knit lots in time for this year's deadline :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are lovely, Its going to look fab. What type of wool are you using? I've been using cascade 220 for a crochet blanket (I've just learnt and of course have set myself a huge project to do!) but haven't found all the colours I want. By the way, are you selling at craftwerk? (links on facebook or myspace) in November?
gillian

Karin said...

I love all the colors, can't wait to see the finished project! :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Just cheap acrylic yarn, I'm afraid gillian! Nothing fancy, just whatever I could get hold of down my local market...
Craftwerk is on the other side of the world to me, I think, so probably not :D